MAT Program Scholarship
MAT Program, (Multicultural Advertising Training), awards an annual $2,500 Scholarship based on merit. The purpose of scholarship is to provide educational funding opportunities to current MAT candidates or Alumni who are passionate about pursuing a career in the LA Advertising community.
For the year 2013, we are pleased to present this scholarship in partnership with
- All candidates must be a current MAT intern or MAT alum. Please note: Scholarship Application date cannot be more than two years from your internship date.
- Each application will be reviewed by the MAT Executive Committee and finalists for interviews and presentations will be selected. The committee will consist of at least three representatives from the MAT Executive Committee.
- Finalists will be notified by April 24th. Finalists must create a presentation for their interviews on Saturday, April 27 (See details below)
- The scholarship recipient will be notified by Wednesday, May 1st and acknowledged at Automotive News event on May 14th.
STEP 1: Application Process
- Complete Scholarship Application - Application is due Friday, April 19, 2013.
All Candidates must provide the following with their application:
- Upload two letters of recommendation – one must be from a current/past internship supervisor, the other is of your choosing
- Upload a current Resume
STEP 2: Finalist Selection
- Finalists will be asked to communicate your passion, creativity and interest in a career in advertising by preparing, and presenting a presentation in one of the following formats at their interview:
- PowerPoint/Keynote Presentation
- Social Media Campaign
- Or any other format of choice
Note: This presentation will be a significant factor in evaluating you as our scholarship recipient and careful consideration should be given to explaining your passion for the advertising industry. We’re looking for your creativity and what makes you passionate about this industry. (For example, create a new advertising campaign; give us a presentation on why you want to be in advertising; if you’re a social media guru, show us your skills.) Whatever you decide to present, be prepared to walk through your presentation on the day of the interviews.